The Vermont Land Trust seeks a farm buyer for a 169 acre farm in Dummerston, Vermont. The sale price is $375,000. This southern Vermont farm is in a very attractive location with easy access to the interstate. The farm consists of 50 tillable acres, 12 acres of pasture, and 105 acres of woods including a small sugarbush. There are 25 acres of prime soil and 29.5 acres of statewide soils.
The farm includes the following buildings
- Two-story, 2,252-square-foot farmhouse with four bedrooms
- Greenhouse on gravel foundation (28 feet x 97 feet)
- Equipment shed, well-built with water and electricity (40 feet x 108 feet)
- Antique barn in very good condition (45 feet x 60 feet)
- Loafing shed (45 feet x 73 feet)
- Additional small shed and old sugarhouse
Vermont Land Trust will purchase the farm in May and look to enter into a lease and purchase and sales agreement with a farmer. The lease period will be approximately 8 months while the conservation process is finalized. The land will be available during the 2013 cropping season. Iinformation and photos are on the VLT website www.vlt.org, and an RFP, map, orthophoto, and soils map are available from VTL by contacting Jon Ramsay (full contact information given below).
VLT is hosting two “open houses” at the farm to allow potential buyers to see the property. They will be held on May 18, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. and May 22, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. Applicants are requested to respond if interested in attending the open house.
Director, Farmland Access Program
Vermont Land Trust
P.O. Box 143
Greensboro, VT 05841