We're happy to present our Winter 2014 issue, chock full of good reading:
- Farmer Nancy Hayden admires our bees in Vermont and looks at the threats that are facing them.
- Suzanne Podhaizer writes about Salvation Farms' prison gleaning program.
- Katie Spring asks whether it's better to use the word "harvest" or "slaughter" when discussing the processing of animals.
- Two stories cover farming and parenting, and making homemade local baby food.
- Bonnie North offers an intro to permaculture.
- And Rose Paul recounts how she and her husband dispatched the woodchuck in their garden and threw it in the crock pot for a few good meals.
For the holidays, consider giving a Local Banquet gift subscription to someone you're close to. Subscriptions make great gifts and support the magazine. Visit our website for subscription info (just $22/year).
To submit an idea to Local Banquet, or to write for us, email firstname.lastname@example.org