266 South Craftsbury Road
Craftsbury, VT 05826
Located in Craftsbury the Pete’s Greens farm stand serves its community by providing a wide variety of fresh seasonal organic produce along with local cheeses and dairy products, pastured meats, fresh breads and eggs, and other local staples and goodies. The farm stand is open daily from Mid-May to late October.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with merchandising savvy and an eye for detail to join our team. This is a 25 hr a week job, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It’s possible to have some weekends off with advance planning. Because our farm stand is self-service and does not require someone in the store at all times, the farm stand staff member will also spend some of their work hours washing and packing produce with our washhouse crew (about 15 hours/week farmstand and the other half other tasks). This job requires frequent lifting of heavy cases of produce so applicant must be fit and capable of repeatedly lifting 50 lbs.
Farm Stand Products Display and Management
• Stock and maintain farm produce, meat, kitchen products and any other goods
• Ensure proper product labeling
• Rotate stock
• Ensure correct retail pricing for all items in stand
• Ensure all perishable products are pulled from shelves by their sell by date
• Maintain aesthetics of displays, etc.
• Keep cooler, display shelving and farm stand clean, dust free and tidy
• Basic Landscaping: maintain the farm stand flower beds
• Update farm stand chalkboards and road side signage
• Create signage in stand to promote products
Other farms related tasks
• Washing and packing produce on Friday’s with the wash house team
• Packing grains and flour
• Other tasks as needed
• Familiarity with produce
• Basic math skills
• Neat handwriting & aesthetic flair (must be able to create pleasing display and attractive easy to read freehand signage)
• Basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Word and Excel, drop box)
• Detail oriented and efficient
• Good driving skills
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to act as ambassador for our farm
Hours: This is a 25 hour per week seasonal position Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with potential for full-time year-round work for someone who’d like evolve into a winter position at the farm.
|Date Posted||March 20th, 2017|
|Deadline||April 30th, 2017|
|# of Positions Available||1|
|Compensation||Pay: Hourly based on skills and ability start at $12,50|
|How to Apply||Email a copy of your resume and cover letter along with work references to firstname.lastname@example.org You may email questions to email@example.com directly. Job open until filled.|