The Administrative Manager will ensure a safe, secure, and welcoming store to achieve compliance with practices, policies, and the operating budget. The Administrative Manager will make sure that all Co-op staff are supported, engaged, and have sufficient training and resources to achieve organization goals and objectives. Ideally, this position will be filled by someone who has passion for small business and community development and has prior experience in food retail, operations and financial management, and staff supervision.
Plainfield Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee day-to-day store operations based on the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization, including: store floor, warehouse, office, general building and equipment.
- Develop and implement projects, within budget, based on the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization.
- Lead and support all human resource activities at the Co-op.
- Oversee, assist, and supervise managers in planning and performance to achieve goals and objectives.
- Provide a model of supportive and participatory leadership promoting the concepts of team building and empowerment.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the General Manager including, but not limited to, participation as manager of special projects and/or participation as Board liaison and/or as Interim General Manager as directed.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a retail food store or transferrable experience.
- Minimum of 2 years supervising multiple employees.
- Minimum of 2 years managing one or more human resource areas: hiring, training, coaching, conflict resolution, evaluating.
- Experience managing within a budget.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially legal requirements and deadlines.
- Proven ability in team building, including participatory planning and leading others to achieve shared organizational goals.
- Working knowledge of store point of sales systems and ability to utilize and manipulate spreadsheet, data management, communications and other software programs.
- Respect and support for working with a shared management experience.
- Respect and support for the process of working with a Board of Directors.
- Ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Desire and flexibility to learn new skills, initiate new projects and shift responsibilities based on staffing levels.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback and to listen and react appropriately.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to diversity and a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socioeconomic circumstance.
- Commitment to cooperative values and principles.