The Plainfield Co-op General Manager will oversee all aspects of day to day operations and lead the vision and strategies that work towards the co-op's ends developed by the Board of Directors and membership. This position is a great opportunity for someone with experience and enthusiasm for community development, team management, food retail and small business management.
Plainfield Co-op is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish organizational goals (including store sales goals), performance objectives, guidelines and best practices that are based on Board Policy and strive towards achieving them.
- Oversee all store operations based on the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization. Maintain viable Co-op store within a highly competitive and challenging marketplace.
- Oversee, assist, and supervise managers in planning and performance to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Provide a model of supportive and participatory leadership promoting the concepts of team building and empowerment.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a retail food store or transferable experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervising multiple employees.
- Strong preference for those with familiarity with natural foods market, cooperative structures, and the local community.
- Experience with operating, capital and cash budgeting.
- Proven ability in team building, including participatory planning and leading others to achieve shared organizational goals.
- Working knowledge of store point of sales systems and ability to utilize and manipulate spreadsheet, data management, communications and other software programs.
- Ability to uphold bottom-line accountability for a business.
- Respect and support for working with a shared management experience.
- Respect and support for the process of working with a Board of Directors.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and make tough decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback and to listen and react appropriately.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to diversity and a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socioeconomic circumstance.
- Commitment to cooperative values and principles.