Under direction of the President, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for finding, interviewing and training new employees within the company. The HR Manager ensures that employee matters are handled to meet all applicable federal and state laws, as well as company culture guidelines. In addition, the HR Manager is in charge of conducting a variety of analysis, from compensation to benefits packages and employee performances, along with contributing to improve the company B Corp score via employee engagement programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Responsible for protecting the interest of employees at VC by ensuring legal requirements for equal employment and compliance are met.
- Counsels management on compensation plan and organizational structure.
- Prepares pay budgets, monitors and schedules individual pay actions and conducts periodic pay surveys.
- Manages employee recruiting and on-boarding program.
- Counsels management in employee benefit plan review and proposal.
- Conducts employee-relation activities and programs including, but not limited to: employee counseling, mitigation, interpretation of policies, employee investigation, disciplinary meetings, hiring and firing process, and employee performance reviews.
- Interprets and administers HR policies, practices and programs.
- Establishes appropriate HR metrics to monitor work efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists with Unemployment Claims/hearings, providing accurate information to third party administrator and testify (as needed) in hearings.
- Counsels management on employment issues, reviews, training and problem solving at the company and its subsidiaries, such as the ABGD farm.
- Manages employee IDP programs, suggests training plans to management team and implement.
- Manages HR Coordinator to maintain employee-related data bases and document control; prepares and analyzes reports that pertain to HR functions.
- Manages employee engagement program to drive participation in company activities, such as open book plan and wellness program.
- Maintains job descriptions and organizational chart and keeps them up to date.
- Coordinates B Corp assessment, works with team to create improvement plan, suggests new policies in balance with budget, and ensures company maintain its B Corp certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Requires at least 3 to 5 years of human resources generalist experience. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources activities.
Education: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree or professional certification preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core competencies: Hiring, Communication, Human Resource Management, Benefits Administration, Compensation and Wage Structure, Performance Management, Organization.
(NOTE: the physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and lift/or move up to 25 lbs.