FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT
This full-time finance associate position consists primarily in maintaining A/P and A/R and assisting the CFO and HR. An ideal candidate is confident, comfortable making independent decisions, able to maintain confidentiality, can provide a high level of quality customer service and problem solving, is organized, familiar with accounting procedures and accounting software, detail-oriented, accurate, tactful and diplomatic. The ability to become proficient in Vermont Foodbank policies and procedures is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively and be able to communicatewith staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals;
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution;
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect;
- Participate in special events, committees and sort-a-thons;
- Responsible for all accounts payable (invoice tracking, inputting and payment) and vendor accounts including W9s and annual processing of 1099s. Assist warehouse staff with invoice and credit tracking;
- Train new hires on VFB tax exemption procedures and keep tax exempt laminates updated. Obtain tax refunds as necessary;
- Assist CFO directly with fixed asset inputting and monthly depreciation;
- Keep vendor certificates of liability updated in accounting software;
- Maintain all aspects of A/R including, but not limited to:
- Cash logging of checks and special event donations;
- Record agency and miscellaneous payments in Ceres 2009;
- A/R and miscellaneous monthly balancing, creating and distributing monthly statements;
- Maintain yearly membership spreadsheets and issue quarterly membership invoices;
- Process cash inventory credit memos and invoices;
- Maintain matching coop credit spreadsheets and issue credits when appropriate;
- Issue all agency donation credits;
- Track aged accounts receivables on a regular basis and document collection efforts while providing excellent customer service;
- Backup for payroll duties to include but not limited to time records and payroll processing;
- Assist in yearly audits;
- Maintain Petty Cash box, gift cards and credit cards;
- Answer phones and assist reception as needed;
- Create and maintain SOPs as needed;
- Assist, when needed, CFO with monthly bank reconciliation & general ledger entries;
- Backup for CFO for inventory month end;
- Actively pursue efficiency improvements for position include but not limited to maximizing software potential, paperless options, streamlining tasks.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Employee must be able to work independently and respect confidentiality.
- Employee must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
- Employee must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills are necessary with the ability to work independently in taking charge of assignments.
- Employee must be proficient in oral and written skills, critical thinking and have a firm command of the English language.
- A high level of knowledge of the Microsoft © Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) is expected.
- A valid Vermont Driver’s License.
- 3-year motor vehicle report (MVR) showing a clean driving record.