Are you a lending professional with a breadth of diverse experience who wants to apply their knowledge to make a difference? If so, we are seeking an accomplished, motivated and passionate commercial lending leader, who will have oversight of both commercial business and retail lending, strategy, and programs.
We are a member-owned financial cooperative that provides sustainable banking services to improve the quality of life of our members. We like to think that we are financing change by changing the way we finance.
Join a team that is bringing Vermonters together to empower possibilities for greater environmental, social, and economic prosperity through the development and management of creative, innovative and ethical banking services designed for businesses and individual members. In this leadership role you will:
- Develop, administer, coordinate and oversee member lending and commercial business services (VBiz).
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of commercial, residential and consumer loans.
- Cultivate new and existing business and community relationships in an expansive marketplace.
- Proactively assist business members to meet their full range of business and financial service needs, including deposits, loans, credit cards, and other
products and services.
- Manage the credit risk assessment of concentrated held, sold and participation loans.
- Foster an environment that encourages and transforms operational teams to achieve the VSECU mission and vision in alignment with cultural values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong verbal, refined negotiation, written and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial credit and financial analysis and risk, loan underwriting and servicing.
- Superior interpersonal with emphasis on communication and diplomacy, able to solve problems, develop and maintain good working relationships with
employees, members and vendors.
- Ability to set priorities and organize time to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully recognize and manage risk.
- Excellent planning and project management, organizational skills.
- High level of motivation and drive to actively pursue, develop and follow through with sales opportunities and business relationships.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for development within the business services unit.
- Familiarity with business loan programs and experience with the application, underwriting, processing and closing procedures and loan software experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and sales knowledge and skills are essential.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft and financial applications is essential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial lending experience, including origination and/or underwriting, portfolio management and financial statement and credit risk analysis.
- Proven track record of strong leadership and managerial experience.
- Experience with loan application origination, underwriting, processing, and closing processes and systems, and servicing of business loans.
- Practiced knowledge of commercial and government banking financial analysis and accounting principles, and an awareness of all legal and financial aspects for commercial and government banking loans.
- Experience with SBA programs and guidelines.
- Well-versed in areas of business finances and reports, lending, credit worthiness, collateral, and counseling.
- Thorough understanding of all applicable lending regulations, compliance, standards and processes.
VSECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.