Farm to Plate Energy Success Stories Released Add to Collection
The Energy Cross-cutting Team of the Farm to Plate Network released Energy Success Stories at the 2014 Farm Show. Direct and indirect energy costs have wide impacts throughout Vermont's food system. The Energy Success Stories showcase farms, businesses, vendors, installers, and technical assistance providers that have made a difference with energy efficiency savings and renewable energy production.
The stories were prepared by JJ Vandette and staff at Efficiency Vermont, Chris Callahan from UVM Extension, Alex DePillis from the Agency of Agriculture, and Sarah Galbraith and Scott Sawyer at the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund. Funding for the project was provided by the Northeast Dairy Sustainability Collaborative (Ben & Jerry's, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, Organic Valley, Stonyfield, Vermont Agency of Agriculture, and the Sustainable Food Lab).
The 8 Energy Success Stories are the first in a series of documents that will highlight farms and businesses throughout Vermont's food system that have made significant progress in saving energy and producing renewable energy.
The first 8 Energy Success Stories can be found at these links:
- Efficiency on a Dairy Farm: Brace Farm
- Efficiency at a Dairy Processor: Commonwealth Dairy
- Solar Energy on a Dairy Farm: McKnight Farm
- Solar Energy on a Dairy Barn: Ayers Brook Goat Dairy
- Wind Energy on a Dairy Farm: Blue Spruce Farm
- Digester on a Dairy Farm: Maxwell's Neighborhood Farm
- On-Farm Biodiesel Production: Borderview Farm
- On-Farm Heating with Biomass: River Berry Farm
They can also be downloaded as PDFs here.