Baker Commodities Add to Collection
Baker Commodities has been family-owned and trusted since 1937. The company is operated by three generations of the Andreoli family who are actively involved on a day-to-day basis. Baker boasts more than 900 employees nationwide and is proud of its unique and welcoming work environment. The average employee length of service is 20 years or more, with many employees spending their entire career with the company. Baker Commodities is dedicated to saving the environment by finding sustainable ways to support the food production and restaurant industries. And our commitment to “Quality and Pride…Worldwide,” ensures that customers receive the highest quality of finished products and services possible.
- Other: Farm Inputs
distribution, waste management
- Add to Collection Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Add to Collection Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Add to Collection Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.