Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Add to Collection
30 Community Drive
South Burlington, VT 05403
||Manager of Natural Resources||andrea.aschREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@benjerry.com||802-923-2607||Add to Collection|
As a member of the social mission team, Andrea Asch leads the environmental program for Ben & Jerry’s Homemade. She has been responsible for guiding Ben & Jerry's environmental well-being since the company first created the position in 1992. Her first task back then, was to help the company figure out just what "environmental well-being" really meant. Since then, she’s fostered a wide range of environmental initiatives and projects beginning with waste minimization programs at the manufacturing plants to packaging innovation, climate change awareness, alternative refrigeration and the development of Caring Dairy program, an innovative sustainable agriculture program for dairy farmers.
Network Groups: Production and Processing
Food Processing or Manufacturing
- Ice Cream
- Internship / Apprenticeship / Mentorship programs
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.