Franklin Central Supervisory Union Add to Collection
26 Catherine Street
St. Albans, VT 05478
||Superintendent||brosaneREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@fcsuvt.org||(802) 524-2600||Add to Collection|
I am Superintendent of schools for the Franklin Central Supervisory Union which serves over 4,500 students, including pre-K through 12 system, adult educational system, and a Career and Technical Education Center.
Food Access and Nutrition
- Community / public garden
- Fitness / nutrition programs
- Child meal site / nutrition programs
- General food system education
- Farm to School programs
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.
- Add to Collection Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.