Lamoille Economic Development Corporation Add to Collection
||Executive Director||johnREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@lamoilleeconomy.org||(802) 888-5640||Add to Collection|
Support and promotion for local agriculture, particularly value-added and sustainable ag and food production through the provision of technical services, financial support through loan and grant programs, assistance with regulatory and permit issues, marketing and promotion help, assistance in writing grant applications to third party providers, providing networking opportunities and running two, local on-line farmer's markets.
||Marketing Consultant, Agriculture Specialist||elisaREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@lamoilleeconomy.org||802-917-4020||Add to Collection|
Marketing Consultant, Web Design. Market Plan Research and Writing Assistance Online Marketing Assistance - Web, Email, Social, Advertising Advertising Copy Writing Graphic Design Branding Advice Public Relations Press Release Marketing Grant Information & Assistance
- Agriculture and culinary tourism
- Marketing consultants
- Land access / conservation
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
- Access to capital
- Feasibility and planning
- Loans / debt
- Tax credits / incentives
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Add to Collection Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Add to Collection Goal 19: Business planning and technical assistance services will be highly coordinated, strategic, and accessible to Vermont’s food system businesses.
- Add to Collection Goal 20: Food system entrepreneurs and farmers will have greater access to the right match of capital to meet their financing needs at their stage of growth and for their scale of business.
- Add to Collection Goal 21: Private foundations, state and federal funding sources, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s administration, and food system investors will coordinate and leverage available resources to maximize the implementation of this Plan.
- Add to Collection Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.
- Add to Collection Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.