Middlebury College Add to Collection
131 South Main Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
Sophie Esser Calvi
||Farm and Food Educator||sessercalviREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@middlebury.edu||(802) 443-5068||Add to Collection|
Network Groups: Education and Workforce Development
||lj.stvnsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@gmail.com||Add to Collection|
Entering my last semester at Middlebury College, where I major in English and Geography. I've worked in several areas of the food industry, including restaurants, production, marketing, agriculture, and most recently, creating maps for Champlain Orchards using GIS. I believe producers and distributors on all scales stand to benefit enormously from creative and poignant applications of GIS and other spatial technologies.
||kallesREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@middlebury.edu||Add to Collection|
I'm a Middlebury College student with a GIS skill set looking to discover the intersection between Vermont farms and mapping technology. Currently mapping orchards in Shoreham.
||MollyAREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@middlebury.edu||(802) 443-3644||Add to Collection|
I am coordinating the development of a Food Studies Program at Middlebury College. I've been working on the sustainability of food systems as a teacher, researcher, program administrator, consultant and partner for more than 20 years through New England. I am especially interested in food security, food rights, sustainability metrics and food system planning.
- General food system education
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.