Mount Anthony Union Middle School Add to Collection
747 East Road
Bennington, VT 05201
||hgreenefieldsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@gmail.com||802-345-1957||Add to Collection|
For five years I have led a project to develop a garden for learning at Mount Anthony Union Middle School in Bennington, Vermont. I teach 7th and 8th grade Social Studies, and integrate garden-based learning into my curricula as we study Ancient Civilizations and American Civics, History, and Social Justice. We have 1/4 acre in school gardens, and now a greenhouse and outdoor classroom. I hope to continue to integrate food, nutrition, sustainability and food justice into more units of my teaching as time progresses.
Retail Food Outlets
- Dining service / cafeteria
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.