||NEK Economic Development||mwelchREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@ncic.org||(802) 748-5101|
I administer the Technical Assistance Grant program for small businesses in the NEK. I also serve on the board of directors of the St. Johnsbury Area Local Food Alliance.
Network Groups: Financing
||Business Resource Manager||eswainREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@ncic.org||(802) 748-5101 x2021|
Network Groups: Production and Processing
||Project Manager||krobinsonREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@ncic.org||603-788-2700 ext. 2140|
Project Manager at NCIC. Currently manage a USDA/EDA partnership grant called the Northern Tier Farms and Forest Jobs Accelerator-- focused on the Northeast Kingdom of VT, the North Country of NH and Franklin and Oxford County Maine. Working with a team of consultants to inventory the regions growers, distributors, restaurants and retailers as well as assessing the regions biophysical capacity. Also work with a local food hub cooperative in northern New Hampshire.
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
- Access to capital
- Feasibility and planning
- Loans / debt
- Loan guarantees
- Royalty financing
technical assistance, loans
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 19: Business planning and technical assistance services will be highly coordinated, strategic, and accessible to Vermont’s food system businesses.
- Goal 20: Food system entrepreneurs and farmers will have greater access to the right match of capital to meet their financing needs at their stage of growth and for their scale of business.
- Goal 21: Private foundations, state and federal funding sources, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s administration, and food system investors will coordinate and leverage available resources to maximize the implementation of this Plan.
- Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.