137 Gray Road
Plainfield, VT 05667
Our cooperative has 130 organic dairy farms in Vermont. I also work closely with conventional farmers that are considering organic production to see if it is a viable business choice for their farm.
||New England Dairy Coordinator||john.clearyREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@organicvalley.coop||(802) 454-8417|
Network Groups: Production and Processing
- Agriculture and culinary tourism
- Animal feed producer or supplier
Food Processing or Manufacturing
- Fluid milk
- Other dairy processing
Organic milk, butter, cream, yogurt, cheese
- Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.