Upper Valley Food Co-op Add to Collection
193 North Main Street
White River Junction, VT 05001
||Special Projects Coordinator||kyeREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@uppervalleyfood.coop||(802) 295-5804||Add to Collection|
For 18 years I have used a cooperative food store as a platform to teach consumers about sustainability in food and energy and about industrial threats to healthful food.
Network Groups: Consumer Education and Marketing
||Education & Outreach Coordinator||chrisREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@uppervalleyfood.coop||(802) 295-5804||Add to Collection|
Chris is the Education & Outreach Coordinator at the Upper Valley Food Co-op in White River Junction, Vermont. We are a natural foods store with a focus on organic whole foods, herbals suppliments, bulk and local food accessibility plus education.
- Food system media
Retail Food Outlets
Food Access and Nutrition
- Community / public garden
- Cooking / nutrition classes
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.