UVM Department of Animal Science Add to Collection
570 Main Street 102 Terrill Building
, VT 05405
||andre.wrightREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@uvm.edu||(802) 656-1192||Add to Collection|
Network Groups: Production and Processing
- Support organization: Food Production
- General food system education
- Colleges / Universities
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.