Vermont Agency of Education Add to Collection
||Education Program Coordinator||andrew.hudacsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-3892||Add to Collection|
I am responsible for professional development and education program development in career and technical education.
||Director of Adult Education||tom.aldermanREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-3892||Add to Collection|
||laurie.colganREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-3892||Add to Collection|
||jay.ramseyREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||802-479-1343||Add to Collection|
I am the State Director for Career Technical Education at the Agency of Education. I serve on the Registered Apprenticeship Council at the VT Department of Labor. I live in Montpelier and work in Barre.
||Science Assessment Coordinator||gail.hallREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-0156||Add to Collection|
My role is to support K-12 educators in their efforts to incorporate Natural Resources and Agriculture into classroom instruction. I also provide consulation and advice around learning opportunities and curriculum design. In the past I have facilitated the development and State Board of Education approval of education standards relating to agriculture and natural resources.
||mary.kruegerREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||802-479-1246||Add to Collection|
Rosie is the USDA Foods Consultant with Child Nutrition Programs at the Vermont Agency of Education.
||klrickerbyREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@gmail.com||802-238-5760||Add to Collection|
- General food system education
- Career and Technical Education Center
- Adult / continuing education
- Support organization: Education
- Internship / Apprenticeship / Mentorship programs
Leadership, oversight, and support of Vermont's education system.
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Add to Collection Goal 20: Food system entrepreneurs and farmers will have greater access to the right match of capital to meet their financing needs at their stage of growth and for their scale of business.
- Add to Collection Goal 21: Private foundations, state and federal funding sources, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s administration, and food system investors will coordinate and leverage available resources to maximize the implementation of this Plan.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.