||Education Program Coordinator||andrew.hudacsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-3892|
I am responsible for professional development and education program development in career and technical education.
||Director of Adult Education||tom.aldermanREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-3892|
I am the State Director for Career Technical Education at the Agency of Education. I serve on the Registered Apprenticeship Council at the VT Department of Labor. I live in Montpelier and work in Barre.
||Science Assessment Coordinator||gail.hallREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-0156|
My role is to support K-12 educators in their efforts to incorporate Natural Resources and Agriculture into classroom instruction. I also provide consulation and advice around learning opportunities and curriculum design. In the past I have facilitated the development and State Board of Education approval of education standards relating to agriculture and natural resources.
Rosie is the USDA Foods Consultant with Child Nutrition Programs at the Vermont Agency of Education.
- General food system education
- Career and Technical Education Center
- Adult / continuing education
- Support organization: Education
- Internship / Apprenticeship / Mentorship programs
Leadership, oversight, and support of Vermont's education system.
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 20: Food system entrepreneurs and farmers will have greater access to the right match of capital to meet their financing needs at their stage of growth and for their scale of business.
- Goal 21: Private foundations, state and federal funding sources, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s administration, and food system investors will coordinate and leverage available resources to maximize the implementation of this Plan.
- Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.