Vermont Agriculture and Forestry Development Board Add to Collection
116 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05620
||Vice Chair||crkdbrksREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@aol.com||(802) 426-3579||Add to Collection|
Currently, I am the Legislative Director for the Vermont Farm Bureau, the lobbyist for the Vermont Fairs and Field Days, and the manager of the Vermont Farm Show!
Leonard (Len) Bull
||Emeritus Professor of Animal Science, NCState University||homebullREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@aol.com||(802) 453-7927||Add to Collection|
1. Member and Chair, Vt Ag and Forest Products Development Board 2. National Institute for Animal Agriculture (past Chair) 3. Diplomacy Matters, LLC (linking embassies with ag markets) (Vice Chair) 4. Consultant on animal production and agricultural/environmental issues 5. Vermont Farm Bureau (member)
- Agriculture and culinary tourism
- Food system media
- Support organization: Marketing
Regulations and Public Policy
- Advocacy organization
- Regulatory authority
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Add to Collection Goal 23: Regulations and enforcement capacity will ensure food safety, be scale appropriate, and allow Vermont food enterprises to increase production and expand their market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.
- Add to Collection Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.