Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing Add to Collection
1 National Life
Montpelier, VT 05701
||megan.smithREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 828-3649||Add to Collection|
Network Groups: Consumer Education and Marketing
||laura.petersonREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 522-7323||Add to Collection|
MONTPELIER, Vt. – The Agency of Commerce and Community Development today announced that Laura Peterson has been named communications director for the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing. In this role, she will be responsible for leading tourism media and trade relations. The Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing's key objective is to increase awareness of the Vermont brand with the goal of increasing visitation to the state. Peterson was most recently in corporate communications for Keurig Green Mountain, Inc., where she developed and executed communications strategies with an emphasis on sustainability. Prior to her eleven years with Keurig Green Mountain, she was program manager for Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility, and Vermont bureau chief for WPTZ-TV.
||hilary.delrossREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermont.gov||(802) 505-0753||Add to Collection|
- Agriculture and culinary tourism
- Food system media
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.