Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company Add to Collection
||angieREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermontfarmstead.com||802-457-9992||Add to Collection|
Saving local farms and creating excellent cheeses. The Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company began as a community effort to save a local farm and it’s surrounding rural landscape in South Woodstock, Vermont. In very short order, the dairy farm has been transformed into an award-winning cheese company that is creating an entirely new generation of unique farmstead and artisanal cheeses. Vermont Farmstead’s multi-breed herd, sustainable dairy farming practices, and creative cheese makers have put a delicious Vermont twist on traditional world cheese recipes. The Vermont Farmstead Cheese company has also opened a cut and wrap and shipping facility in nearby Windsor, VT to help with the ongoing company growth. In January of 2013, Whitney’s Castleton Crackers joined Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company, bringing Vermont artisanal cheese and crackers under one roof. The combination is a natural for retailers and consumers alike and work terrifically together at farmer’s markets, demos, in-store and on the cheeseboard. While embracing our continued growth, the company remains firmly dedicated to its founding principles to produce a variety of unique and excellent cheeses, gently care for its herd of cows and farm land, foster Vermont’s farming communities, and elevate the state’s dairy industry.
Food Processing or Manufacturing
Cow's milk cheese
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.