Vermont Land Trust: Farmland Access Add to Collection
||Director Farmland Access Program||jramsayREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vlt.org||(802) 533-7705||Add to Collection|
Network Groups: Farmland Access and Stewardship
- Land access / conservation
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
- Access to capital
- Feasibility and planning
- Legal and estate planning
- Loans / debt
- Tax credits / incentives
Regulations and Public Policy
- Advocacy organization
Southern Vermont farm works with Vermont Land Trust to purchase permanent affordable farmland
- Add to Collection Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Add to Collection Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Add to Collection Goal 19: Business planning and technical assistance services will be highly coordinated, strategic, and accessible to Vermont’s food system businesses.
- Add to Collection Goal 20: Food system entrepreneurs and farmers will have greater access to the right match of capital to meet their financing needs at their stage of growth and for their scale of business.
- Add to Collection Goal 21: Private foundations, state and federal funding sources, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s administration, and food system investors will coordinate and leverage available resources to maximize the implementation of this Plan.
- Add to Collection Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.
- Add to Collection Goal 23: Regulations and enforcement capacity will ensure food safety, be scale appropriate, and allow Vermont food enterprises to increase production and expand their market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.
- Add to Collection Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.