(802) 828-4493 x113
617 Comstock Road Suite 1
Berlin, VT 05602
||District Manager||justin.kenneyREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vt.nacdnet.net||(802) 828-4493 x113|
- Regulatory authority
- Support organization: Farm Inputs
Regulations and Public Policy
- Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.
- Goal 23: Regulations and enforcement capacity will ensure food safety, be scale appropriate, and allow Vermont food enterprises to increase production and expand their market outlets.
- Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.
- Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.