Richmond, VT - The Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA Vermont) is accepting workshop proposals for its 34th Annual Winter Conference. Proposals will be accepted until September 18th, 2015. The event is Vermont’s largest agricultural conference, bringing together more than 1,500 farmers, gardeners, homesteaders, educators, policy makers and consumers for three days of workshops, networking sessions, meals and celebration.
The goal of the conference is to facilitate learning and sharing of information on all aspects of local, organic farming and gardening. Organizers of the conference aim to create a gathering space that fosters collaboration between diverse groups of people, while also meeting the specific needs of these varied groups. The suggested topics below apply in the broadest sense. Additional topics will be considered.
- Technical commercial organic vegetable, fruit, herb, flower, dairy & livestock production (beginner – advanced)
- Direct marketing strategies and best practices: CSA, farmstands, farmers’ market vending, etc.
- Procurement and infrastructure: distribution, processing, storage, food safety and cooperative models
- Education: farm-based education, experiential education, school gardens
- Agri-business marketing, technology, and business planning
- Food security and access
- Homesteading and gardening (beginner - advanced)
- Health, wellness and nutrition
- Alternative energy, climate change and resiliency
- Policy, activism, and community engagement
The annual Winter Conference is NOFA Vermont’s largest fundraiser, which supports programs that educate and connect farmers, gardeners, and their communities throughout the year. The success of the conference is due in large part to the support of the many talented presenters who choose to participate each year.
More information about the conference, and the RFP process, can be found at http://nofavt.org/annual-events/winter-conference/RFP or by calling NOFA Vermont at (802) 434-4122.
2016 CONFERENCE SPECIFICS
Location: University of Vermont’s Davis Center and surrounding campus, Burlington, VT
Dates: Saturday through Monday, February 13-15, 2016
RFP Information: http://nofavt.org/annual-events/winter-conference/RFP
Submit RFP: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016RFP
# # #
About Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont: NOFA Vermont is member-based organization working to grow local farms, healthy food, and strong communities in Vermont. Our members are farmers, gardeners, educators and food lovers of all sorts – anyone who wants to help us create a future full of local food and local farms. Our programs include farmer and gardener technical assistance, farm to school support, organic certification, advocacy, an online apprentice and farm worker directory, an annual Winter Conference, and programs that work to ensure access to fresh, local food to all Vermonters, regardless of income.