NOFA-VT Announces Vermont Family Farmer of the Month Award Accepting Applications through February 28th
The Vermont Family Farmer of the Month Fund makes a financial award to a Vermont family farmer each month for a project that will improve the viability of the farm. Awards recognize farmers whose businesses are contributing to a resilient Vermont agricultural landscape and demonstrate environmental stewardship and innovation.
Each month, this fund makes a financial award of $10,000-12,000 to a Vermont family farmer for a project that will improve the viability of the farm. Awards recognize farmers whose businesses are contributing to a resilient Vermont agricultural landscape and demonstrate environmental stewardship and innovation. Applications are due February 28th for May, June, July, August, September, and October awards.
Applicants must meet the following conditions in order to apply:
- You or your farm is a member of NOFA-VT. More information about membership can be found here.
- You have not received this award in the past.
- You are a resident of Vermont.
- You are not currently a NOFA-VT staff member, a NOFA-VT board member, or member of the award committee. Immediate family members (defined as spouse, civil union partner, parent, sibling, or any other relative residing in the applicable party's household) of NOFA-VT staff, board members, and award committee members are also not eligible to apply.
Complete eligibility considerations viewable at the Vermont Family Farmer of the Month website.
The Vermont Family Farmer of the Month award will be given to farmers who:
- are actively managing a commercial farm operation in Vermont
- are leaders in the agriculture community
- demonstrate strong environmental stewardship
- strive to improve their production and business management systems through innovation
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by February 28th at vermontfamilyfarmeraward.org.
Thank you for your interest in this award. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.