Sodexo's Vermont First, VT Agency of Agriculture Food & Markets and VT Farm to Plate launch Taking Root Student Symposium
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the Taking Root Student Symposium on Sunday, October 28th at the University of Vermont. Please join us!
- Follow this link to register!
- Registration costs $25/person and ends on Wednesday, October 24th.
- If you are a faculty or staff member working with a group of students planning on attending, you can either register the group or forward the link to students to register themselves individually.
About the event:
This symposium is designed for all Vermont college students to celebrate farm to institution and learn about what it means to chart a career in food. We are pleased to share that our keynote speaker will be Ben Hewitt, a Vermont-based author of many books including The Town That Food Saved and Making Supper Safe. Throughout the day, students will learn about:
- Why farm to institution is important
- Innovative work happening in Vermont’s food system
- Career paths of many of Vermont’s leading entrepreneurs and thinkers
- Resources available at each campus for students to pursue food systems-relevant coursework as well as food-related employment
- Current food-related job opportunities; students will also have time to network directly with some Vermont employers in the food industry.
And let’s not forget about lunch!
- Eat the Loop Supper celebrates innovative production practices, featuring Vermont producers who “close-the-loop” through the creation of their product. From waste-free production to soil health management, Vermonters are leading the way in innovative practices. Meet the producers and fill your bellies with the “loop.”
Are you a Vermont college student interested in attending? Here’s what you need to know:
- We are looking for student representation from all Vermont campuses. We also have limited space for this event. If you are interested in attending, please email Annie Rowell at email@example.com.
- Registration costs $25 for the full day, 9am-4pm.
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Attendees should plan to park in the Jeffords Lot at UVM. This parking is free on Sundays.
- Follow this link for a parking map and direction details: https://www.uvm.edu/daviscenter/directions-parking
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- For any questions, please contact Annie Rowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I stay up-to-date with any Symposium news or developments?