Join us for a wonderful evening of delicious food and good company to celebrate the harvest and support community and school gardens across the state.
Limited Tickets Available – Buy Yours Today
RSVP deadline Sept. 23 – call (802) 861-4769
Feast for the Gardens
Saturday, Sept. 28 at the Intervale in Burlington
We’ll be serving up a feast from the fine chefs at Nika Restaurant, Crop Bistro, Half Pint Farm, Guild Fine Meats and VT Works For Women Fresh Food and Zero Gravity craft brewery has created a special Garden Brew for the event.
The evening starts with tours of Tommy Thompson Community Garden and VCGN’s Community Teaching Garden at 4pm followed by appetizers and drinks at the Intervale Center community barn at 5pm, then the feast at 6pm.
Tickets are $80 each ($30 is tax deductible; additional donations welcome). Your contribution helps more people grow fresh, healthy food for their families and neighbors – and you get a great meal!
Music by HIGH-LOW-JACK (old-timey, vintage country, hillbilly jazz)
On the menu:
- Hors d’oeuvres: Beet Tartare with Vermont Creamery Goat Cheese from Crop Bistro, Charcuterie from Guild Fine Meats, and VCGN Garden Pesto Bites
- Salad: Butter Lettuce, Heirloom Tomato, and Marinated Burrata Salad from Half Pint Farm
- Main Course: Grilled Flank Steak with Wood Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash from Nika; Local Herb-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Root Vegetable Medley and Local Wilted Greens from Crop Bistro
- Garden-inspired Desserts: Candied Beet Chocolate Mini Cupcakes, Sweet Corn Cake with Smokey Pumpkin and Pear Mousse and Puffed Rice with Apricot Halvah – from FRESH Food – An Enterprise of Vermont Works for Women
- The meal will be served inside the Intervale Community Barn, with appetizers, drinks and socializing outside (weather permitting)
- Each ticket includes two drinks and there will be a cash bar available
- The dress code is “country best” – dressed up, with some garden flair (dress and rubber boots; suit jacket and garden hat)
Tickets are available by calling VCGN at (802) 861-4769 or online here through our friends at Localvore Today. You are also welcome to send a check to us at 12 North St., Suite 5, Burlington VT 05401.