Jersey City, NJ
We want exciting and engaging session proposals for the 2019 NESAWG conference and yours may be one of them! Our conference will be held in Jersey City, NJ on November 7th, 8th, and 9th. We look for sessions that tackle systemic issues with engaging activities and presentations that prioritize the leadership and voices of those most impacted by the issue discussed. Priority will be given to sessions presented by traditionally underrepresented groups (people under 25, people of color, immigrants, women, low and moderate income people, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people) which directly address some aspect of inequity in the food system. You will be asked to indicate this representation in the form.
The deadline for submitting a session is June 8, 2019 at 11:59 Eastern time. Sessions and pre-conference proposals submitted after this date will NOT be considered for inclusion.
This years tracks are:
- Racial and Immigrant Justice in the Food System- Stories, presentations, and trainings related to racial injustice and immigration in the food system
- Farm and Food Policy Advocacy- Hear from policy advocates from all corners of the food system
- Urban and Rural Sustainable Agriculture- Urban growers and gardeners, rural farmers, and ag researchers and educators are all presenting under this track.
- Farm to Fork Supply Chains- Production, distribution, processing, preparation - everything that brings food from seed to plate.
- Youth Leaders (13-18)- Teenagers from around the Northeast sharing stories, skills, and community. Sessions closed to only Youth are indicated in session description.
More information available here: https://nesawg.org/conference/2019-call-proposals