Lake Morey Inn
Join more than 350 farmers and agricultural resource providers from six Northeast states at this perennial winter conference for a cross section of the region's livestock production. What have some of these attendees liked best about past conferences?
- The...workshop was very informative and took a lot of information home with me. Met a lot of people and the networking was key.
- Workshop range and quality
- Innovative ideas, spirit of presenters
- Being with other farmers, hearing their experiences
- Great, varied, fresh speakers
- Seemed like there was something for everyone at every session
- Lunch was excellent and the ice cream was delicious!
Looking for more information? Details below:
18th Annual VT Grazing & Livestock Conference
Farm Management Decisions: More Than the Sum(s) of Their Parts
January 17 & 18, 2014 Lake Morey Resort
The conference will include day-long focused sessions on soil health and farm planning on Friday January 17. On Saturday January 18, there will be 24 workshops for all types of livestock operations including dairy, beef, sheep, swine, poultry. The conference features keynote speaker Dr. Ben Bartlett, retired Extension Livestock Specialist from Michigan State University and farmer raising sheep and beef, as well as other national, regional, and local speakers.
Workshop highlights include sessions on:
- Day-long soil health intensive—get the most from your soil
- Building a productive, profitable and pleasurable farm operation
- Implications of soil health—measuring what we see
- Economics of grazing under different scenarios
- Low and no-grain feeding
- Haylage quality and feeding for pasture-based farms
- Low stress animal handling
- More sheep, less work
The event takes places at the family-friendly Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT just off I-91. Friday will feature two day-long intensive workshops soil health and farm planning, and Saturday will include a kid’s conference for ages 6-12. The weekend highlights local and organic foods, great company from over six states, and plenty of new ideas to take home.
Conference hosted by the Vermont Grass Farmers Association (VGFA) and the Vermont Beef Producers’ Associations (VBPA), and coordinated by the UVM Extension Center for Sustainable Agriculture. Registration discounts are available for VGFA and VBPA members. More details about the conference as well as registration are available at www.uvm.edu/pasture. Contact conference coordinator Jenn Colby at firstname.lastname@example.org, (802) 656-0858 with any questions.