115 State St
This event is free and open to everyone who wants to see the goal that by July 1, 2020, every household will separate and recycle all of their food residuals (10 V.S.A. § 6605k) implemented. One path to achieving this goal locally and decentralized is to close the nutrient loop and return food scraps to farms where they serve as a chicken forage, a composting compound, and finally, a soil enhancer.
- Learn about the Poultry Farmers for Compost Foraging – a group of six farms that collectively have been managing food residuals for over two decades.
- Get briefed on the Universal Recycling Law & pending bill
- Reach out to your legislators on the issue of food waste in Vermont
- Observe Committee meetings & House/Senate floor sessions
- Network with activists & farmers