30 Orchard St.
Join farmer presenters who will share their lessons from the field, the UVM Center for Sustainable Agriculture, UVM Extension, and other community partners in a day of learning that will include:
- How farms consider alternative revenue stream opportunities by diversifying their enterprise
- Growing small grains
- Risk Management information
- Payment for Ecosystem Services working group update
- Wood-chip barnyards
- Forage and crop pests
- 8+ years in no-till corn & cover cropping
- The economics of conservation practices on farms
- From 3-4 pm, interested attendees can re-certify their custom manure applicator status for the season.
* Pending, 1 pesticide credit and 1 water quality credit.
The Winter Crops & Soils Meetings are sponsored by USDA Risk Management Agency and Northeast Ag. Sales, Inc. This material is funded in partnership by USDA, Risk Management Agency, under award number RM18RMETS524C022.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/winter-crops-soils-meeting-springfield-tickets-93132813753
Contact Lindsey Ruhl to register for the manure applicator certification.
Contact Laura Johnson for other details.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in this meeting, please contact Cheryl Herrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-656-5459 by March 4, 2020 so we may assist you.