341 Macintosh Hill Rd
Interested in improving your grazing skills or new to Management Intensive Grazing? This class will employ the teachings of Holistic Management along with the techniques of Management Intensive Grazing (MIG) to assist you in improving pasture productivity and raising healthy livestock.
Grazing systems for a variety of livestock groups will be shared at Earthwise Farm & Forest and will include: pastured pigs, grass-fed dairy cows & young stock, draft horses, oxen, meat birds, layers and heritage turkeys. We will also discuss grazing systems for goats/sheep (small ruminants) and multi-species grazing systems.
Class content will include:
• Tour of pastured livestock systems at Earthwise Farm & Forest
• The How & Why of Management Intensive Grazing
• Pasture system design for you and your livestock
• Plant identification
• Calculating livestock feed needs
• Planning for the whole growing season
• Multi Species Grazing
• Electric fencing (temporary and permanent) for your various livestock groups
* Organic Certification - what do you need to do to certify your farm - it may be easier than you think
Participants will come away with the information needed to build a grazing plan for their farm, along with handouts and resources to continue on their journey with confidence.
* Includes handout, digital material, and product catalogs