369 Patneaude Lane
Who is the program for?
Home Gardeners and landscapers:
- with a passion for fresh healthy food and living sustainably.
- who are not afraid to slow down and listen to what the earth is whispering.
- who are looking for practical ways to tackle our climate crisis.
Elements of program
- Enter, observe, and sense the garden or landscape.
- On-site organic gardening presentations with discussions.
- Strategies for Regenerative gardening.
- Including cover crops and mulch for soil building.
- Wildflower plantings and other ways to increase biodiversity, planting, composting (including Bokashi), and harvesting.
- Outdoor meditation and sit spot practice
- Contemplations and wanderings in the forest.
Special attention will be given to building fertile soil with help from biology and soil amendments.
Forest, meadows and streams
In addition to our work in the garden, we’ll wake up through the senses while exploring the forest, meadows, streams and pond at Karmê Chöling.
This land has been blessed by many Buddhist, Shambhala and Taoist teachers since its founding 50 years ago. The Abenaki Tribe used the land’s abundance for thousands of years before it became a dairy and sheep farm.
The magic of meeting this land will unfold to us as we hike it’s trails, explore its rocks and caves, and investigate its mysteries. Some of these investigations will include finding power spots on the land and experiencing the interdependence of its many plant species. How do these trees and underbrush create cohesive communities using rhysomal connections? How does this substratum differ from the growing areas? How can we increase biodiversity in the forest and move towards more productive food forest plantings?
Alongside these explorations, we will forage in the forest, finding edible plants and mushrooms there. Which birds, amphibians and mammals are living there? How can we peacefully communicate with them? Do we need to?
To learn more about the program and teachers and to register: https://www.karmecholing.org/program?id=6668