Date: March 2, 2014
Location: Shelburne Farms, Shelburne VT
Instructors: Chet Parsons and Renne LaCoss
Chet has been lambing sheep for almost 30 years and has had to deal with almost every situaion that could possibly happen. Renee is the shepherd at Shelburne Farms and ahs been lambing out their ewes for the past several years.
Topics to be addressed:
Preparing for lambing
- Things to have on hand
- Colostrum on hand-freezer pack
Care for the ewe and lamb after it is born
- Caring for the ewe and her lambs in a lambing pen
- How to deal with hypethermic lambs
- How to safely tube a lamb
- Docking, Tagging,etc.
- Dealing with Dystocia and other problems related to lambing.
Contact Chet at email@example.com or call him at 848-3771. You can also check out VSGA web site at vtsheepandgoat.org