Join us for the 2022 Grain Grower Series (click to view detailed brochure)!
We are Now offering Three virtual programs. We added a ‘Dynamic Dry Beans’ webinar on March 30, noon to 1pm.
The three virtual program are offered over the course of three weeks with a series of videos, presentations, and hands-on activities, each highlighting a specific grain crop in the Northeast.
Resilience in Rye—REGISTER HERE
· Tuesday, March 22: 11:30am-1:00pm: Ecological Rye Production with Sandy Syburg of White Oak Farm in Wisconsin
· Thursday, March 24: 11:30am-1:00pm: Conditioning, Aeration, and Storage of Grain with Don Hosteler of Brock Grain Systems in Indiana
Dynamic Dry Beans – REGISTER HERE
· Wednesday, March 30: 12:00pm-1:00pm: Dynamic Dry Beans with Heather Darby (UVM) and Sarah Pethybridge, Kristen Loria, and Matthew Ryan of Cornell University.
The Anatomy of Wheat Flour —REGISTER HERE. Cost is $25. Please register by March 28 to receive a box of materials for participation in the Anatomy of Wheat Flour program! Cost will be $25 per person. Limit of 50 participants.
· Tuesday, April 5: 11:30 am-1:00pm: PART 1—From the Field to the Lab with Heather Darby of UVM Extension, Carrie Brisson of King Arthur, Randy George of Red Hen Baking Co., and Jeffrey Hamelman of King Arthur
· Wednesday, April 6: 11:30am-1:00pm: PART 2—From the Mill to the Bakery with Andrew Heyn of New American Stone Mills
The Northern Grain Growers Association and the University of Vermont Extension Northwest Crops and Soils Program are collaborating to bring the 2022 virtual Grain Growers Conference to you!