August 3, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For one special evening in August, farmers and chefs from all across Vermont come together to prepare a sensational meal for you and other food enthusiasts.
TICKETS: Join Vermont Fresh Network as a Supporting Member today and receive a members-only, ticket discount for this special evening. VFN member tickets are $50; Non-member tickets are $75
Tickets are on sale now through FlynnTix: online at www.flynntix.org, in person at the Box Office: 153 Main Street, Burlington, VT, or by phone: 802-86-FLYNN.
SPECIAL EVENT: Ben Watson, author of Cider, Hard and Sweet: History, Traditions, and Making Your Own, to lead an exploration and tasting of hard cider immediately before the Annual Forum Dinner. This exclusive tasting will occur from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Coach Barn and is an additional ticketed event. Tickets are $25 and include a signed copy of Ben’s book. Space is limited.
4:00 till 5:00 - Hard Cider Tasting with Ben Watson (additional ticket required)
5:00 - Doors Open
5:00 till 6:00 - Vermont Artisanal Products Tasting
- Taste some of the most innovative and delicious new culinary treasures coming out of Vermont food artisans.
- Celebrate the dedication of Vermont’s new wave of wine makers and distillers as they share tastes of their varied creations.
- Discuss the merits of curd with cheesemakers.
- Sample heirloom varieties of fruits and vegetables from local farms
6:00 till 8:00 - Chef and Farmer Grazing Dinner - enjoy the bounty of local products grown and raised by Vermont’s farmers and grilled, braised, sautéed and baked into delectable offerings by over 24 of the state’s finest chefs - it is a dinner like no other.
7:30 till 8:00 - Ice Cream Social with Amy, Earl and the crew from Strafford Organic Creamery
- There will ba a Cash Bar, but alcohol samplings are free. Please bring a photo ID, you will be carded in order to sample alcohol.
- There is no ATM on the property.
- Weather permitting; parking will be on the field in front of the Coach Barn.
- No dogs are allowed on Shelburne Farms property.