The UVM Extension Champlain Valley Crop, Soil and Pasture Team, Middlebury NRCS and the Vorsteveld Family Farm will host a hands on Soil Health/No-till/Cover Crop Workshop in Panton, VT on August 29.
Joel Myers, a No-Till Consultant and retired NRCS State Agronomist in Pennsylvania will share his knowledge of practical no-till approaches, including challenging soil conditions and how to utilize dairy manure in no-till systems.
This event is FREE for farmers and includes lunch with pre-registration.
JOIN US IN THE FIELD FOR:
- Soil Pits...Get up close and look at what clay soils look like under different types of management and how farming practices can improve soil health
- Cover Crop Plots...Take a look at 8 different cover crop mixes planted side by side
- Take a look at the latest tools & equipment farmers are using to reduce tillage, incorporate manure and
- No-Till Planting & Manure Injection in Action
- See soil health in action...a rainfall simulator will be set up to show you how healthy soils function both above and below ground.
- Talk toother farmers and local service providers about what they are doing this year and beyond to improve healthy soil function and grow better crops.
4 Certified Crops Adviser credits will be available.