Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
The 2013 Vermont Foodbank Hunger Action Conference: Moving to Action, Achieving Results will be held on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Burlington, Vermont.
This year’s Vermont Foodbank Hunger Action Conference has been designed to help us discover “what works” to create positive change around complex social issues.
Conference highlights include:
- Featured presenters, Dr. Lindsey Godwin and Dr. Matthew Moehle, will lead us through a day of experiential learning where we will utilize some of the latest and best practices for creating results in our organizations and communities through a morning dynamic keynote presentation and an afternoon interactive summit.
- Conference goers will be engaged in meaningful dialogue about our own best practices and inspired by examples of success from around Vermont and beyond.
- Presenters: Tiffany Bluemle, executive director of Vermont Works for Women, Hal Colston, executive director of the SerVermont and founder of the Good News Garage and NeighborKeepers, and Doug Davis, director of food services at Burlington School Food Project. Check out this recent Seven Days article on Doug Davis.
- Also joining us will be Tracey Medeiros, author of Dishing Up Vermont. She’ll be there selling and signing her new book, The Vermont Farm Table Cookbook.
- Affordable conference experience with $65 registration fee for the general public and $40 for nonprofit attendees.
The 2013 Vermont Foodbank Hunger Action Conference will be filled with ideas and experiences that will move us from inspiration to action. Please join us for what will be a thought-provoking and inspiring day of learning.