Yankee Farm Credit, 52 Farm Vu Drive
White River Jct., VT
This fall, the Vermont Agency of Agriculture Food & Markets (VAAFM) will be hosting two Human Resources Management Trainings in Burlington and White River Junction to help Vermont agricultural producers build and hone strong employee management skills.
Good employers know their most valuable assets are not their livestock and equipment, but the employees they entrust with the daily management, care, and the ultimate success of their business. However, placing the right people in the right positions at the right time can be easier said than done -- especially for small businesses located in rural areas where Human Resources education and training opportunities can be hard to come by.
Guided by the experience and expertise of Farm Credit East Business Consultants, workshop participants will:
- Learn hiring skills, leadership, supervising and coaching skills.
- Improve performance feedback skills and learn new tools and systems to keep employees happy, informed and working productively together to achieve farm goals.
- See an increase in employee productivity due to improved communications.
- Complete or fine tune a farm business organizational chart, performance review worksheets with/on employees as well as written job descriptions and job protocols.
- Continue with their individual action plan to address HR management concerns on the farm through program follow-up.
The Human Resources Training will be offered on two different dates at two convenient Vermont locations:
- Location 1: Mon, Nov 10th 8:30-4:00pm at the DoubleTree Hotel 1117 Williston Rd, Burlington, VT 05403
- Location 2: Wed, Nov 12th 8:30-4:00pm at Yankee Farm Credit, 52 Farm Vu Drive, White River Jct., VT 05001
Cost: $30 Includes individual follow up consultations with Farm Credit East Consultants, if desired
RSVP by Nov. 1, 2014: to Louise Waterman VT Agency of Agriculture 802-373-3352 or Louise.Waterman@state.vt.us. Please indicate location. Space is limited, call today.