124 Admin Drive
Randolph Center, VT
The Vermont Council on Rural Development's Summit on "Creating Prosperity and Opportunity Confronting Climate Change" on February 18, 2015 will bring together scientists, innovative business, non-profit, and community leaders, elected officials, public policy advocates, students, and interested residents. Together, participants will consider the impacts of climate change on Vermont and propose ways to advance the prosperity of the state while addressing them. The Summit will focus on how the emerging opportunities will allow us to build a national reputation, create jobs, and attract young people to our rural communities.
Over 400 are expected to participate and contribute their ideas to a Climate Change Economy platform. The day will feature a panel of Vermont scientists, a leadership group of businesses responding to climate change, and 13 working group discussions including:
- Promoting a Vision for Transportation
- Supporting Smart Growth, Reuse, Preservation, and Downtown Redevelopment
- Developing Ubiquitous Distributed Energy
- Innovating for Renewal, Recycling and Resource Limits
- Strengthening Farm and Forest Carbon Sequestration and Profitability
- Seeding a Vermont Climate Investment Strategy
- Adapting Outdoor Recreation and Tourism
Save the Date: February 18, 2015, and visit our website for more information on the Summit and the work to come!