Hunger Action Conference 2015
Connecting Hunger, Nutrition and Health
Join the Vermont Foodbank for this day-long conference, a valuable opportunity for charitable food providers and other non-profits, community and business leaders, volunteers, advocates, elected officials and concerned citizens to network, share their knowledge and experience, and learn from experts on the causes and effects of hunger as we work together to address the challenges we face in our communities.
This year’s conference will explore the relationship between hunger, health and nutrition and offer tangible takeaways for addressing the dietary needs and well-being of our neighbors.
2015 Conference Highlights:
- Nutrition & Health for Life with Dr. Robert Murray, Ohio State University
- Following dietary guidelines on a fixed budget with Dr. Robert Murray
- Hunger in America 2014: Using your local results to engage donors, media and your community
- Hunger, Nutrition, and Health – An Evolution in Food Banking, Feeding America
- Nudging healthier food choices with Dr. David Just, Cornell University
- Fresh Food Handling: Case studies from our network
- Tracey Dolan, Vermont Department of Health Deputy Commissioner
- Invited: Senator Bernie Sanders
- And more!
Night Before Reception
Socialize with conference attendees and Vermont Foodbank staff, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks, and partake in our book exchange! Thursday, May 7th at Killington Grand Resort Hotel. Sign up when you register for the conference.
To register, or for more information, visit: http://www.vtfoodbank.org/ForNetworkPartners/HungerActionConference.aspx