Vermont State Colleges, Room 101
Financing Crosscutting Team Meeting Agenda
Vermont State College in Montpelier, Room 101
Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:30-4pm
Desired Meeting Outcomes:
- A better understanding of deal flow and collaboration happening throughout the region.
- Crowdfunding comes to Vermont - learn about new options for both entrepreneurs and investors
- What others?
Welcome & Introductions (10 minutes)
Regional Deal Flow Panel (60 minutes)
- Alex Linkow, Fair Food Fund (New England region)
- John Hamilton, NH Community Loan Fund (New Hampshire)
- Dan Pullman or Lisa Sebesta, Fresh Source Capital Fund (New England region), they can also speak to Slow Money Boston as well
- Dorothy Suput, the Carrot Project (New England region)
- John Waite, Franklin County CDC/PV Grows
Questions for the Panel:
- What are they seeing for deal flow in their geographic areas? Trends in terms of stage of growth, market sector, value chain (e.g. producers, value-added, distribution, retail, etc.). Where are the opportunities?
- How are you collaborating with other investors / funders / lenders across state lines (or not)? What are some examples of collaboration?
- Where do you see opportunity for us (the “collective”) as capital providers to work together to build a healthy regional food system (beyond our own state lines)?
- Bring an example of a particularly creative or unique deal (or structure) that you have done – or are looking at – that you think would be interesting for our group and could serve as model for others.
Discussion (25 minutes)
Updates on recent crowdfunding/Slow Money initiatives (45 minutes)
- Vermont Food Investors Network (VFIN) update – Eric Becker
- Milk Money – www.milkmoneyvt.com, third party investment porta
- Kiva Zip – hoping to have Carrot Project participant discuss as Robin Scheu of ACEDC (first Vt. provider of Kiva Zip) is out of the country; Carrot Project is also a provider
- Slow Money Vermont update – Eric Deluca
Other Updates (10 minutes)
Electing a new chair?