This event, moving for the first time from Addison County to the Northeast Kingdom, is being hosted at Sterling College on Saturday, October 24th. We will be hosting farmers, wood products industry busineses, and food-based businesses to learn about the resources you need to help grow your operations. If you are involved in farming, forestry, or food-based business enterprises and are looking for critical resources, this one day conference, specifically designed to understand the financing landscape and technical assistance resources available in our state.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Secretary of the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets: CHUCK ROSS
Sterling College will host all attendees for a delicious locally sourced luncheon at their Dining Hall!
Registration is free, but space is limited. REGISTER HERE: EVENTBRITE SITE
Join us to meet and learn from state-wide experts, including:
Financing the Working Landscape – Panel (with Q&A, facilitated by Susan Mazza of Small Business Administration)
This panel will include a wide range of financiers and capital providers, who will speak about their services, as well as what key lessons are necessary in preparing to find financing.
- Colleen Leonard, Vermont Agricultural Credit Corporation (VEDA)
- Nancy Baron, Vt Farm Fund
- Hope Colburn, Community National Bank
- Vanda Ripley, Yankee Farm Credit
- Leah Fury, Community Capital of Vermont
- Sam Buckley, Vt Community Loan Fund
- Janice St. Onge, VSJF and Flex Capital Fund
Business Case Studies – Panel (with Q&A, facilitated by Sarah Waring, CAE)
Successful business owners in our agriculture and forestry industries will each speak about their experience finding and seeking out capital. They will share their own stories and lessons learned.
- Tom Stearns, High Mowing Organic Seeds
- Pete Johnson, Pete’s Greens
- David Marvin, Butternut Mountain Farms
- Colleen Goodrich, Goodrich Lumber
Technical Assistance – Panel (with Q&A, facilitated by David Snedeker)
Learn about the wide range of technical assistance available to working lands enterprises, by hearing from this panel, which includes business, marketing and more.
- Ela Chapin, Vt Housing and Conservation Farm and Forest Viability Program
- Dave Keenan, Northern Counties Investment Corporation
- Ross Hart, Vermont Small Business Development Center
- Rose Wilson, Independent Farm Business Consultant and Farm/Forest Viability provider
This conference is hosted by Center for an Agricultural Economy and Northeastern Vermont Development Association, in partnership with:
Vt Farm Fund
VSJF/Flex Capital Fund
Yankee Farm Credit
Community Capital of VT
Vt Community Loan Fund
Small Business Administration
Slow Money VT