Judd Hall @ VTC, 124 Admin Drive
Randolph Center, VT
Vermonters are gearing up for 2020, when the ban on landfilling organics is fully implemented. This year’s Summit will highlight recent successes, how ingenuity and thrift are ‘changing the game,’ emerging technologies, research, and outreach models to help businesses, communities and residents meet the State’s organics diversion, food rescue, and food scrap recycling goals.
The one day Summit at Vermont Technical College in Randolph will feature a morning plenary with Keynote speaker and a State of the State followed by concurrent morning and afternoon workshops, including:
- Behavior Change Strategies for Source Separation
- Commercial and Institutional Food Waste Reduction & Recovery
- Anaerobic Digester Research
- On-Farm Case Studies for Feeding Food Scraps to Poultry and Processing Residuals to Swine
- Policy and Practice Forum
- Compliance with Vermont’s Universal Recycling Law (Act 148
- Organics Diversion at Special Events, Restaurants, and Four Season Resorts.
Continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon ice cream social are included in registration fee.
Registration Site Opens February 20th
note:(this link will not open before Feb 20th)
Sponsor and Exhibitor information available at: firstname.lastname@example.org
VORS is hosted by the Composting Association of Vermont and Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, Department of Environmental Conservation.
The Composting Association of Vermont (CAV) is a nonprofit organization. It promotes organics recycling that protects and benefits the environment. The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, Department of Environmental Conservation (ANR/DEC) is dedicated to protecting and improving the health of Vermont’s people and ecosystems and promoting the sustainable use of Vermont’s natural resources.