316 Main Street, Suite 101
Caring Dairy of Ben & Jerry's and UVM Extension are pleased to present "Workshops on Financial Planning" for farmers. The workshops will be part discussion to focus on individual questions, but also a straightforward background on the resources and basic information participants need for financial strength. The event will cover:
1. Business Plan overview: what is in a plan and how to write one
2. Financial Education, Literacy: what are the types of analysis and how can you measure for your own business
3. Overall dairy finance analysis and comparison to industry norms
4. Specific elements of dairy management decisions: (i) value added planning, (ii) diversification, (iii) new technology investment, (iv) expansion
5. Farm transfer/sale or business sell off planning
The event's program is geared toward dairy farming, but is open to others. Also, we want to point out that for all farmers it is important to think about retirement planning, even when that is not imminent.
Retiring with only the farm as an asset, and no plan for transition, may mean the farm must be sold, which may make it inaccessible to many aspiring farmers.
The workshops are meant to be small gatherings, open to groups of about 10. Local accountants, Farm Viability reps, an attorney, and UVM's Farm Transfer Guru Bob Parsons will be presenting.
Workshops will run from 10-2, and will include lunch. Free to farmers. Space is limited - Please register with Rachel Gilker: 240-441-8044 or email@example.com