|Organization||Green Mountain Farm-to-School|
115 2nd Street
Newport, VT 05855
Location: Newport, Vermont (Remote work possible most days of the week with required travel to meet with customers in-person on a regular basis)
Organization Description: GMFTS is a nonprofit organization committed to building healthy and economically viable communities by working across the food system with capacity building, resource development, and technical assistance. We create change through our 1) robust farm to school program serving NEK schools, 2) statewide marketing campaign (Vermont Harvest of the Month), 3) aggregation and distribution local food hub (Green Mountain Farm Direct), 4) consumer education and food access initiatives, and 5) mobile summer meal site (The Lunchbox Food Truck). Our seven full time staff and five AmeriCorps members partner with each community we serve to develop a comprehensive approach to improve access to healthy food and revitalize the local economy. To learn more visit www.Greenmountainfarmtoschool.org
Position Description: Green Mountain Farm-to-School seeks a dynamic, mission-driven food systems professional with strong business and sales skills to support the growth of our food hub, Green Mountain Farm Direct. The Food Hub Account Manager will develop, manage, and grow customer accounts for Green Mountain Farm Direct. The Food Hub Accounts Manager reports to the Executive Director. Green Mountain Farm Direct (GMFD) is a regional food hub distributing local food to schools, institutions, and other sales outlets in Northern Vermont. GMFD works with over 40 local farms to provide a variety of local foods including fruit, meat, vegetables, grains, eggs, dairy and valued-added products to customers across Northern Vermont. Annual sales are approximately $450,000+ and growing.
The Food Hub Account Manager will:
● Manage the sales and outreach for local food distribution throughout northern Vermont, identifying new market opportunities based on research and best practices and initiate sales.
● Use existing brand(s) to promote our farm partners within sales outlets.
● Collaborate with Vermont Way Foods™ and partners on new initiatives to increase sales of Vermont foods.
● Serve as customer service representative for Green Mountain Farm Direct by building and maintaining relationships and problem solving with customers, including schools, grocers, and other institutions.
● Prioritize customer outreach and engagement through in-person meetings, phone calls, emails and special events.
● Create and implement training, professional development, and special event opportunities for buyers and farmers.
● Develop and implement evaluation tools; collect, analyze, and report data for program evaluation and strategic planning.
● Support Logistics Manager with the daily operations of the food hub including accurately receiving and processing customer orders, responding to customer Green Mountain Farm-to-School Food Hub Account Manager inquiries, coordinating with distribution partners, generating and distributing weekly product lists, as needed.
● Provide technical assistance referrals for customers and vendors.
● Organize, attend and present at business, community, and neighborhood group meetings.
● Implement promotional and marketing plans.
● Act as the back-up for Food Hub Logistics Coordinator during vacations and holidays, as needed.
● Organize and implement Harvest of the Month production planning with producers and customers.
● Respond to procurement solicitations.
● Participate in the strategic planning process for Farm Direct, prioritize actions based on best fit with the program's mission and on potential to ensure long term viability.
● Provide general operational and administrative support to the organization, as necessary. Required Qualifications
● Previous sales experience (preferably in an environmentally just and socially responsible arena).
● Strong knowledge of veggies, fruits, dairy, meats, value-added products and other locally-produced foods.
● Technologically literate with strong computer and internet skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
● Attentive to detail; Good organizational skills and record keeping.
● Interest in and ability to adapt to changes in a growing business, be creative, and jump in where needed to optimize operations.
● Desire and willingness to work as part of a team; self-starter.
● Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner in a fast-paced environment.
● Flexible; able to prioritize and manage workload in an evolving work environment.
● Demonstrated ability to establish effective and productive working relationships with customers, producers, co-workers and individuals/groups with diverse interests and perspectives.
● Reliable private vehicle. Mileage tracked and reimbursed at company rate.
● Cheerful, professional presence. Preferred Qualifications
● Existing relationships with food producers in Northern Vermont.
● General knowledge of the sustainable food and agriculture sector.
● General knowledge of purchasing regulations and/or business development, especially in the food sector.
● Familiarity with the geographical area of northern and central Vermont.
● Commitment to improving healthy food access and farm viability.
● General understanding of the non-profit environment.
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week, flexible schedule, hybrid work model) with salary range $37,000-$42,000.00 commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
● 27 days of annual paid time off (5 additional days after three years of employment)
● Employer sponsored healthcare (80/20) or healthcare stipend ($2500.00 annually)
● Simple IRA contribution with employer match up to 3% of salary
● Reimbursable work-related travel expenses (mileage rate of .51 per mile)
● 3 hours of paid wellness per pay period
● Ability to work remotely most days.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Green Mountain Farm to School is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of experience and perspective to enrich our work. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, crime victim status, health coverage status, HIV status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Position opened until filled.
|Date Posted||July 14th, 2021|
|Deadline||August 31st, 2021|
|# of Positions Available||1|
|Compensation||$37,000 - $42,000|
|How to Apply||To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position opened until filled.|