180 Intervale Road
Burlington, VT 05401
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Intervale Center in Burlington, Vermont seeks a part-time Staff Accountant to join our growing mission-based organization. The primary responsibility of this new position is to provide excellent financial support to the entire organization through a highly organized monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, help maintain the general ledger, policies, and financial records in an accurate and GAAP compliant manner, and support employee benefits administration. This position has the potential to grow into a full-time position as our organization continues to invest in strong finance, human resources, business administration, and systems development. An ideal candidate has at least four years of accounting experience, seeks continual improvements and streamlines processes, is clear in their written and verbal communications, and is excited to join an existing team of two finance professionals.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Prepare, or assist with preparing, several month-end recurring and non-recurring journal entries, including maintaining supporting schedules.
· Reconcile assigned bank and general ledger accounts on a timely basis.
· Support the creation of reports, analyses, and other tools for Programs and Enterprises as needed.
· Maintain internal accounting-related controls, forms, and policies, and provide instructional support to staff as needed.
· Ensure and reinforce the appropriate flow and format of information according to the Accounting Policy and internal procedures.
· Share payroll and benefit management responsibilities with the Finance Director to include: Entry of new employee data into the payroll processing system, periodic updates to the payroll system, and management of employee benefits.
· With the Finance Director, support the annual financial statement audit.
· Assist the Finance Director with analysis, reports, and other projects on an as-needed basis.
· Cross-train to serve as backup for staff bookkeeper.
· 4 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
· Degree in accounting, finance, business management, or related degree plus relevant work experience.
· Payroll and Employee Benefit management experience a plus.
· Understanding and compliance with GAAP standards and grant reporting.
· Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
· Clear and concise communication skills and ability to build relationships.
· Able to perform most accounting functions in a highly detailed and accurate manner.
· Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
· High degree of trustworthiness and confidentiality
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a coverletter,resume,firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled. This position is 20 to 24 hours per week, hourly, non-exempt, annual, and permanent, and is based in Burlington, Vermont with the option for some remote work. The compensation range is $22.00 to $25.00 per hour commensurate with experience, with CTO and Sick-Time.
|Date Posted||November 18th, 2021|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Compensation||Compensation range is $22.00 to $25.00 per hour commensurate with experience, with CTO and Sick-Time.|
|How to Apply||To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.|