266 South Craftsbury Road
Craftsbury, VT 05826
Pete’s Greens is a four season organic farm growing over 100 acres of veggies including nearly 4 acres in greenhouses. The farm is located in Craftsbury, VT. Over the years, Pete’s Greens has consistently employed innovative season extension methods with a mission to feed as many Vermonters as much good local food as possible for as many months of the year as possible. It is this commitment to delivering a wide variety of top quality organic vegetables year round that has allowed the farm to grow year after year. Pete’s Greens delivers weekly food shares (CSA shares) to several hundred members in 30 locations across north-central Vermont and to wholesale accounts throughout Vermont, including restaurants, retailers, chefs, schools, and hospitals.
Pete’s Greens is looking for an organized, customer service oriented foodie to market our program and produce to CSA members and wholesale accounts. This exciting new position is both an admin and a hands-on position. The position includes handling all organization and communication for our CSA. Duties also include overseeing the packing of customizable veggie and pantry CSA shares each week; making sales calls to current, past, and future customers; and selling and marketing our food to potential CSA members and wholesale accounts.
CSA Member Communication and Management
• Ensure timely email communication with CSA members
• Manage CSA member shares, payments, and deliveries in CSA database
• Write weekly CSA share e-newsletter
CSA and Wholesale Operations
• Work with harvest & sales teams to determine weekly CSA veggie contents and wholesale availability
• Produce weekly reporting for packing and delivery
• Organize and oversee packing CSA shares
• Work with local producers and farms to procure high quality local items for our localvore and pantry shares
• Be available for communication with delivery drivers, wholesale customers, and CSA members on Wednesdays
Sales & Marketing
• Create marketing e-blasts, social media posts, traditional marketing materials, and new strategies to grow our CSA and wholesale accounts
• Meet seasonal sales goals through active and effective marketing and outreach
• Keep CSA information updated on our website
• Visit current, past, and future customers – keep a pulse on trends in product development, new food establishments, and changing consumer demand
• Identify new products, packaging, and branding to grow sales
• Positive attitude, willingness to be flexible, a commitment to achieving the goals of Pete’s Greens
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for fresh vegetables & fruits and how to use and cook them
• Detail oriented
• Great work ethic, high energy
• Microsoft Word, Excel
• Proficiency with social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc)
• Experience with web tools and software including basic HTML
• Comfort with internet technology and the ability and eagerness to learn new software and systems
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
• Experience working in Vermont’s dynamic food system a plus!
This is a full-time, year round position. Hourly pay commensurate with skills and ability. Health insurance available.
This position requires being on-farm on Tuesdays to oversee CSA packing and on Monday and Thursday afternoons for sales. Other hours can be worked from home and on the road. Must be able to communicate quickly and efficiently via email. Must have a valid driver’s license.
|Date Posted||July 5th, 2019|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|# of Positions Available||1|
|Compensation||This is a full-time, year round position. Hourly pay commensurate with skills and ability. Health insurance available. Paid time off. Access to ORGANIC VEGGIES!|
|How to Apply||Send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with business references to the farm via email firstname.lastname@example.org You may email questions to jobs@PetesGreens.com directly. Please, no phone calls.|